I GOT NAKED... with Herbal Essences


I received these products #GotItFree Via my +BzzAgent  account and #HerbalEssences to try out and review. Everyone that knows me knows I love to be naked. So I was super psyched to get naked when I received Herbal Essences Naked Shine Shampoo, and Naked Shine Conditioner scented with white tea and mint extracts, and Naked Dry Shampoo scented with citrus and mint. Now chill out and get your head out of the gutter, this is still a family friendly blog the reason it was so naked was that this line of Herbal Essences products are silicone, dye, and paraben free! What are parabens? Their a group of commonly used chemicals and preservatives found in way to many beauty products and no you don't want (or as I've just learned) need them.

First up: Herbal Essences Naked Shine Shampoo and Naked Shine Conditioner


The reason I chose to try the shine shampoo and conditioner was because I have ridiculously thick hair. It can be really full and frizzy and my hopes were that the shine shampoo and conditioner would tame it a little bit. I started with the shampoo I used it the same as I would with any other. Upon opening the shampoo the first thing I noticed was the smell the mint and white tea smells really good its not overbearing as I feared it would be it kind of perks you up. Definatly a great scent for morning showers to get you going. I dolloped a little more than a toonie size into my hand and lathered my hair up, once I felt I had covered my thick mane I rinsed it out and moved on to the conditioner. I always put the conditioner in then do whatever else I need to do in the shower before I rinse it out. This was no different I waited about 3 minutes before rinsing.
This is my hair immediately after washing, towel drying, and a very quick brush through. It was immediately smoother, less bulky, and super easy to brush through. I decided to blow dry because I wanted this test to be as accurate as possible and that's my normal routine. These are the results:



Forgive the lack of make up but I could not wait to take pictures! It may not seem like a huge transformation to you but my hair is usually twice as thick these results are actually very similar to the effect I get upon straightening my hair. The feeling of it is super soft and flippable, and I was a little concerned it would turn out greasy as they are shine products but that was not the outcome at all. I absolutely love these products and the fact that they are paraben, silicone, and dye free shows me we don't need all those harsh chemicals in our beauty routine so why not go for the better option with an amazing price tag.  At Walmart for a price example the shampoo and conditioner retail for just $3.98 Seriously a steal for these results.

In a couple of days I will put the Naked Dry Shampoo to the test and it will be a completely new experience for me as I've never used a dry shampoo before so keep your eyes peeled for that! #ILoveHerbalEssencesNaked





Comments