Clairol Nice'n easy root touch-up

I received the Clairol nice'n easy root touch-up kit via my BzzAgent account, and I chose the Dark brown colour. Not only is this my natural colour I had previously dyed my hair dark brown so I could revert to it and was so pleased to find out it matched perfectly after a few days. When this campaign came up I was a little nervous to take the plunge being skeptical of the little plastic brush you use to apply the hair colour. Seeing as I'm a stay-at-home-mom with limited funds however it seemed like it was worth the risk if I can prolong salon visits. Please note whenever I dye my hair I always leave the colour in longer than it says because of the natural red undertones that always attempt to shine on through, and I always use my fingers instead of the applicator bottle. So it may be a little hard for me to follow the rules without smushing the dye through my hair the good old fashioned way but to see if it works as advertised I'll try my best!


This is what arrived inside the BzzAgent box. 5 $2 off coupons valid on any Clairol hair color products, and 1 box of Clairol Nice'n easy root touch up in Dark Brown.


Inside the box is an applicator brush, a plastic container for mixing and application purposes, a permanent colour cream, and colour activating lotion instructions, and a pair of gloves. The box was really light and I am now seeing that's because of the tiny size of the bottles inside, I really don't see how this would be enough to colour anyone's roots if they've grown very long at all so this may be for immediate growth only it does say on the box it targets new roots and greys so if your roots are longer as they quickly become you'll likely have to do a full dye.

I began by putting on the gloves, then mixed the 2 little bottles together in the plastic dish with the brush and separated my hair in a center part because I'm just an old fashioned kind of girl and that's my usual part I didn't take any pictures of this because I had gloves on and was gooey with dye. then I dipped the brush and began to paint along both sides of the part. As I suspected when it was time to go around the roots surrounding the sides of my head I didn't have much dye left so I used what I had and even wiped some off the top and used it for the sides. After this fiasco I was really fearing the outcome of having some heavy dye and some lighter. I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that 10 minutes later my hair ended up being pretty even once it was washed and dried I was very happy with the results. I do think this is partly due to the fact that dark brown is my natural color so it camouflages in a mix of the dye and my natural colour so if anyone has tried this with a lighter colour or different from there natural tone I would love to hear your results.



This is me in the car a few days later it has lightened up a little bit but it still looks very even.





Comments